~follow me~


https://twitter.com/soaringseoulhttps://www.youtube.com/user/soaringseoulhttps://www.instagram.com/dia.nely/





Movies and Mountain Climbing

I still have yet to finish editing/uploading the footage from my summer with NSLI-Y in 2014. ...BUT I am so close to finishing~ And even if it is almost two years later, I want to finish them. I guess it is a way of documenting the wonderful memories I made that summer.


Watching a Movie

  A few friends and I decided we wanted to watch a movie together after class, so we headed out to find the Megabox Theatre in Sinchon. We had actually done several lessons in our Korean class, so we knew how to ask/understand/give directions. Most of us were kind of shy to ask random people, so we played rock, paper, scissors to determine who had to ask!

After making our way to the theatre, we had to buy tickets...which was kind of another challenge. We wanted to get our seats using the near machines, but they didn't accept foreign cards or cash. We ending up using the ticket booth. Of course, we also bought popcorn to snack on! We wanted to try the 오징어-flavored popcorn, but they were sold out.

We enjoyed the movie. It was a film in English, so it was also interesting to read the Korean subtitles. Many of the jokes got lost in translation, which resulted in several awkward moments! Basically, us foreigners laughed hysterically while everyone else in the room were silent.

The theatre was really crowded when we were leaving. We had to take an elevator down, and it was really crowded. We were squished in the small elevator with random strangers, so we wanted to get off as soon as possible. The elevator randomly stopped at one of the floors that was dark and empty (construction). One of the Korean guys pushed the button to close the door, but it just kept opening up again. Everyone started getting really freaked out...After several minutes my friend realized his backpack was pushing against the open door button behind him. We just kept laughing after that because we (and everyone on the elevator) were seriously starting to get creeped out!

We stopped at a random restaurant to have dinner. Then we all went home for a good nights rest.

Ansan Mountain 

I did some weekend hiking with a friend. I wish I had been able to go hiking up one of the bigger mountains in Korea, but it was a great way to spend my morning! The great thing is that Ansan in really close to where my host family lives, so it was a short trip. We actually have a lot of fun because we end up going down the way we were supposed to climb up. This resulted in a much more thrilling experience. The scenery was beautiful, and i loved the weather that day! It was so refreshing to be surrounded by nature. After hiking I pretty much spent the evening shopping with my host family.



Next up is my post about Everland!!

Comments

Popular Posts