~follow me~


https://twitter.com/soaringseoulhttps://www.youtube.com/user/soaringseoulhttps://www.instagram.com/dia.nely/





Pizza, Cat Cafe, and Street Food

Pizza

That Monday, we had another meeting at the YES Center. Of course, we got hopelessly lost before we actually found it. After the meeting,  I had Korean Pizza for the first time. I knew this before going to Korea, but it was still a bit odd to taste it: corn on pizza. Yes, CORN. I like corn, so I didn't really mind the taste as much as some people. The norm for Koreans is to have corn on their pizzas. We tried 3 different pizzas. The normal cheese one, bulgogi pizza, and a golden potato pizza. I think it was the potato one that had sweet potato paste on it. Yes, this is a little weird, but I love sweet potatoes! It made the pizza somewhat sweet, but still yummy. I guess it really depends on your personal taste though!!

Cat Cafe

The Cat Cafe was awesome!!! I was really missing my pets back home, so it was nice to play with some cats! They were adorable!! We went there after class. The drink are kind of pricey, but you are basically paying to play with the cats which, in my opinion, is worth doing at least once! There is no entrance fee~ You just have to pay for a drink which was 6-8 dollars, at this particular cafe. Several people chose the Oreo drink; I chose the peach tea. I have a feeling most cafes use the same/similar product to make their peach tea, because the peach tea everywhere I went was delicious...but probably full of tons of sugar!! This cafe is in 신촌! If you go out of exit 2 or 3 and go down the big main road, you will be able to find it. But you have to look up at the signs because it is in a building with other things. I think it was on the 6th or 7th floor? If you find Mango Six, it is in front of that building.

Street Food

It was about time to head home for us, but a few of us wanted to get some street food first. Especially 호떡! 호떡 (Hotteok) is a sweet pancake shaped street food. It is made of dough filled with sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Then the flatten and fry the dough ball. It is delicious, and a must try while in Korea!! It is most popular in the cold winter months. They also have been corn dogs. Actually, there are these corns dogs I saw a few times that were enveloped in french fries... Diabetes on a stick, if you ask me! A fusion street food that was definitely interesting to see was the takoyaki corn dog! Takoyaki is a Japanese food which is basically a dough ball, filled with octopus, and topped with bonito flakes. The takoyaki corn dog is basically the same thing, but in corn dog form; instead of the sausage, it has pieces of octopus inside. My friend who is a big fan of sea food loved it! (I personally don't like most seafood~)
There are so many other street foods to talk about, but I will probably write about them later!

Bunnies?

So I am not sure why, but this guy was randomly selling bunnies on the street. They were tiny and adorable! So many 토끼!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts