~follow me~


https://twitter.com/soaringseoulhttps://www.youtube.com/user/soaringseoulhttps://www.instagram.com/dia.nely/





Host Family Information

We received our host family information on Monday!!! I was so nervous the night before that I had trouble sleeping. No joke. I woke up several times because I would have a vivid dream about something going wrong! In one of these nightmares, my host family was really odd (they were random people who were not Korean??). In another, I waited all day for the email, which didn't come, and then I was informed that I had been dropped from the program!! I should have known that they were just dreams because I had several of them that night, but each time I freaked and got really stressed because it felt so real! Anyway, my host family is awesome!!! I was really happy when I finally got my email with their information!

My host family consists of the mom, dad, 2 older sisters (21, 19), a younger brother (11), and a younger sister (9). I will be living about 30 minutes from 서강대학교 (Sogang University), the university where I will take my Korean classes. My family is the biggest that I have heard of while talking to my fellow nsliyians! Most people have 1-2 siblings, and then there are a few who have 3 siblings.

That Monday I sent a message to the email that nsli-y provided,but I had no idea whose email it was (turns out it was my host dad's). In my message I added in my social media links, and later I saw the dad's facebook friend request come in. He also emailed me back and later put me in a kakaotalk (free korean messaging app) chatroom with my older host sisters and mom. They have all been really sweet! Our conversations happen rather slowly though! It is mostly because of the time difference. So far, I have mostly chatted with the older host sister. It has been really fun and exciting getting to know them!

Most of us have already gotten a response (some people waited longer than others for a reply), but there are a few who haven't been emailed back. It might be because their family doesn't check that email or the email they sent went to their host family's junk mail? Hopefully they will get a reply soon too! And if not, we will be meeting them in about a week anyway:)

We also have a kakaotalk chatroom for all of the finalists that has existed since about the day we were notified. Several of us have gotten to know each other a bit through this chat room and also the group chat on facebook. I think this is a great thing because it will make PDO so much more fun since we all know each other a bit!

I can not believe how quickly it is happening!!! I will be in Seoul in less than a week! Hopefully everything will go well!

Comments

Popular Posts