~follow me~


https://twitter.com/soaringseoulhttps://www.youtube.com/user/soaringseoulhttps://www.instagram.com/dia.nely/





Passport Troubles

     I was one of those... One of those people who don't have their passport when they get their finalist notification. I had done my research and gotten together the things I needed. I had the paperwork done. I had printed the finished paperwork in January, but my parents never took me. A few weeks before I got the email, we finally went to get our passports together...but things didn't go according to plan.
     First of all, my photos had been misplaced. Then the place we went to get new ones had a broken printer! Basically, a bunch of things went wrong...so no passport for me. I am a bit of a worry wart, so I was freaking out because I did not want to find out I was accepted an not have my passport. I set up another appointment, and it turns out that appointment was the week right after I got my acceptance email. If you have this problem, the FIRST thing you should do is email nsli-y and let them know you do not have your passport. They will send you a letter requesting that you get it expedited. When you go to your appointment, bring all of the usual required documents, your acceptance letter (with the program details like your date of departure, etc.), and the letter nsli-y sends you requesting that they expedite the passport for you in order to get your passport. The difficult part was getting the agency to actually give me the appointment. They told my dad no several times, but finally one of the people gave us an appointment. If they turn you down once, do not back down. Call them again and request and appointment, again.
     The actual people who checked the paperwork and gave me the passport were all extremely nice! They were really sweet and talkative; even the security guard talked to my dad and I! The waiting was not too bad. It took me less than 2 hours to get my passport. If this happens to you, make sure to BE ON TIME for your appointment! They are doing this to help you, and it would be rude to show up late. Give yourself some extra time if you do not know the place well!

Comments

Popular Posts